- Resolving child abuse/neglect
- Promoting child and family safety
- Parenting education
- Child development training
- Support to individual, families and couples
- Sexual abuse, domestic violence, and substance abuse prevention education
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Home maintenance/housekeeping skills
- Developing linkages with community resources
- Job readiness skills
- Other services that meet the specific needs of the family.
In our program, through referral, we focus our services to assist those families by responding immediately to a crisis, focusing on families' strengths, having 24 hour accessibility to specialists, and the knowledge to meet the needs of the family.
If a referral is appropriate, then the family will be assigned to a specific specialist. The services provided are up to 20 hours per week and range from 4-6 weeks in length. In addition, IIS provides follow-up aftercare services for up to 90 days. IIS believes the best safety net for a child is parent(s) who are caring and capable, rather than the child being placed outside the home. Lastly, IIS offers counseling, education, listening, modeling, problem solving, child management, communication and negotiation skills, use of community resources, housekeeping skills, and a reasonable alternative to out-of-home placement.